Smyrna Workplace Injury & Workers' Compensation Attorneys
Workplace injuries in Smyrna are common, and the Weinstein Firm knows how to help
Our injury attorneys work everyday with people suffering the pain, disability, medical bills, and uncertain futures after a workplace injury or accident in Smyrna. Both accidents and repeated job duties can cause work-related injuries. Injured workers need legal support to get the compensation they deserve.
What is Workers' Compensation?
Injured employees are eligible for workers compensation if they are injured on the job or while performing typical job duties. Fault is not considered. Workers’ Compensation protects workers by providing for their medical expenses and lost wages until they are medically able to return to their jobs.
Basic types of Workers’ Compensation income benefits:
- Temporary Partial Disability Benefits: This benefit is paid weekly to an employee who is paid less after returning to work because of the on-the-job accident. This type of benefit is paid up to 350 weeks.
- Temporary Total Disability Benefits: This benefit is paid weekly to an injured worker who cannot return to any type of work after the on-the-job injury.
- Permanent Partial Disability: This type of benefit is also paid weekly to the employee whose injury results in permanent disability.
- Death Benefits: These benefits are available to an employee’s dependent spouse and minor children if the employee died due to an on-the-job injury.
- Medical Benefits: These types of benefits are covered under Workers’ Compensation. The condition is that the care must be provided by a physician who is included in the employer’s panel of approved physicians, with the exception of immediate emergency care.
The Weinstein injury attorneys find all sources of compensation, including holding third parties liable
When you are injured while at work in Smyrna, your medical bills, lost wages, and related expenses will typically be covered under workers’ compensation. Generally, employees who accept Workers’ Compensation benefits cannot sue their employer, although in some cases, lawyers can bring suit against a third party or a manufacturer. In these third-party lawsuits, you may be able to recover damages for pain and suffering and disability damages that you would not be able to recover under Workers’ Compensation law against your actual employer.
Depending on your accident, the third party may include:
- Product manufacturers or distributors;
- Equipment maintenance crew;
- Negligent employees or supervisors;
- Contractors or subcontractors;
- Other drivers (in on-the-job car or truck accidents).
After a workplace injury, the Smyrna medical providers create records that support your claim
In any injury accident, it is crucial to get appropriate medical treatment, regardless of the immediate financial cost. This cost is typically reimbursed out of an insurance settlement. Your Weinstein accident lawyer will gather copies of your medical records and bills to further support your insurance claim.
Smyrna's major hospitals include StoneCrest Medical Center. The major regional medical centers include:
If the Smyrna Police Department or the Smyrna Fire & Rescue Department responded to an emergency call regarding the workplace incident, they will usually produce a report that will be used in your claim as well.
Get advice and support by contacting the Weinstein Injury Attorneys today
We will help you by:
- Using our experience and expertise to evaluate your case;
- Investigating the incident and determining fault;
- Gathering evidence to support your premises liability claim;
- Dealing with insurance companies and defense attorneys;
- Fighting on your behalf in the negotiating room and the courtroom.
The Weinstein Firm offers a no-fee guarantee - There is no fee unless we win
The Weinstein attorneys handle all of their Smyrna workplace and Workers' Compensation cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay nothing up front, and you pay no legal fees if your claim is unsuccessful. You only pay if we deliver a successful claim.
Contact us today to tell us about your injury or accident, to get your questions answered, and to learn about your rights and options. The Weinstein personal injury attorneys are experienced, compassionate, and aggressive in their determination to protect the rights of injured people and their families.