Johns Creek Burn Injury Attorneys
When a Johns Creek accident results in an explosion or fire, the burn injuries can be devastating
A burn victim often requires skin grafts, skin replacement, physical therapy, and reconstructive surgery. Often, scarring is permanent, disfiguring, and incredibly painful. Injured people can suffer secondary complications like infection and bone and joint problems, and some have not been able to continue their jobs as before.
Common types of burn injuries resulting from Johns Creek accidents include:
- First-Degree Burns - In a first-degree burn, only the outer layer of skin is damaged. These burns are red and painful, but normally heal within a few days.
- Second-Degree Burns - Second-degree burns are classified as either partial thickness or full thickness. A partial thickness burn may have blisters, and usually involves damage to both the outer layer of skin known as the epidermis, and the upper layers of the dermis underneath.
- Third-Degree Burns - Third-degree burns involve destruction of every layer of skin. According to medical experts, little or no pain is felt with this kind of burn. Scarring is likely to be severe.
- Fourth-Degree Burns - A fourth-degree burn is a burn that’s so bad it destroys the skin and damages the muscle and bone underneath. These burns are often fatal.
- Fifth and Sixth Degree Burns - These burns destroy skin, muscle, tendons, and ligaments - everything down to the bone - and are virtually always fatal.
After a burn injury in Johns Creek, it is crucial to get appropriate medical treatment, regardless of the financial cost
The major hospitals in the area include Emory Johns Creek Hospital. After treatment, contact the medical facility directly to get copies of your medical records and bills.
How will the Weinstein burn injury attorneys help?
When someone is suffering from burn injuries caused by an accident, our lawyers work to identify the extent of the injuries, to evaluate the cause, and to determine how the injury is affecting a person’s life, both now and in the future. Since burn injuries often require long-term, expensive medical care, our injury attorneys make sure that this cost is fully factored into the insurance-claim process.
Contact our Johns Creek burn injury lawyers today, so you can learn about your rights and options, and begin the healing process.